Thursday, January 06, 2005

Angst

I'm currently in the throes of a serious bout of teenage angst. The world is an unfriendly place, everyone hates me, and nothing will ever get better. Just your average complaints. I'm alone right now, and so I'm running on a feedback loop that just amplifies the problem. I need human contact, but no one's around. This, right here, is why I don't want to live alone when I grow up. The idea scares me. And, of course, on nights like tonight I am convinced that I am doomed to live alone, and that no other course of action is open to me. Of course no man will ever love me. I am a defective human being. I am unpleasant to be with and entirely unattractive. Everyone that knows me is laughing behind my back. Do you see my problem? None of this is true (at least to my knowledge), but I still believe it enough to base my current mood on it. Damn. Well, in the immortal words of our current youth, 'this sucks.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home