Monday, January 23, 2006

Employment

So I got a job. I'm now experiencing waitressing. My feet hurt. *whimpers* On the other hand, the restaurant is small, and I only have to serve them drinks and soup and stuff. Course, that means I often work by myself, which means that I do absolutely everything that the cooks don't do. Meh, anyways, tips are nice. I don't get that many compared to what I would working other places, but I've never had tips at all, so I'm happy. Also, unless I'm really, really worn out, I actually enjoy working here. Getting there is sometimes another story, but once I'm at work, there's lots to do, and the people are usually nice. Except for this one girl yesterday... I overheard her as I was cleaning another table... "Mommy, don't give that lady a tip, she's really slow." I'll show you slow, little wench. I don't think I'd ever before been tempted to spit in someone's drink. The urge passed, however, and I just spent the next half an hour thinking of nasty things I could say to her. And then what was left of my better judgement reared its unwelcome head and reminded me that my adversary was all of 8 years old. I proceeded to feel a little silly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home